Despite the economy being in the toilet, gas being over $3.50 a gallon, and rice being rationed at Sam’s Club, people are still buying their cool gadgets thanks to uncle sugar and his tax rebates.
Apple just announced their quarterly results and they had a great quarter:
* 2.29 million Macs shipped, up 51% over this time last year
* iPod sales were flat but revenues were up
* 73% of portable music player market, 85% of (legal) music downloads
* 1.7m iPhones sold in the quarter
* still expecting 10 million iPhones this year (better hurry up and launch a 3G iPhone)